So What’s Great about Blogs?
Meet Joe Blog - an article by Lev Grossman (Time Magazine). The author explores some of the positive things about web logs and here is a summary of why he thinks web logs are great…
1) Blogs are free to read, and there are numerous free tools available to make and maintain your blog.
2) Blogs are current, and sometimes even ahead of mainstream news.
3) Blogs have voice and personality.
4) Blogs represent the thoughts and opinions of the ‘little people.’
5) Blogs showcase some of the best writing being published by ‘non-professional’ writers.
6) Bloggers are not constrained by journalistic conventions, offending advertisers or editorial censorship.
7) Bloggers are biased and proudly boast of their opinions making them more fun to read.
Blogs bring other people’s lives closer to our lives.
9) Blogs come in all shapes and sizes - from war and politics to arts and literature.
10) Blogs represent what the web is supposed to be - media for the masses. Anyone who has anything to say can easily have a platform to speak.
11) Blogging is a great way to communicate and connect with people.
12) Blogs have great potential for society.