These Are a Few of My Favorite Things (NOT)
12 Things that Really (really) Bug Me
What was that movie called … oh yeah, “Grumpy Old
Man, er Men”.
While writing this I can’t help but appreciate the curmugeny irony as I hear wisps of Julie Andrews dancing through the mountains to a chorus of “My Favorite Things“.
Besides my pet peeves (Pro Sploggers and Microsoft) I was thinking it might be fun to make a list of some of the things that really bug me. This is not a definitive list by any stretch as it will no doubt be a work in progress much like my life is.
Although these are not necessarily blog related I’m sure that most of you can relate so here goes:
- Staggering out of bed in the morning after an all-nighter blogging and discovering that I’m out of coffee. Shhhhh__!
- Half asleep I step into a puddle of my dog’s pee on the floor. Hopping on one foot I find out the hard way that he also pooped. CRAP!
- I need a shower in the worst way and my kids have used up all the hot water. STINK!
- My day is completely booked and then my wife says “dear, I forgot to ask you to…”
- I’m late for work and the car battery is dead because some idiot left the interior light on. (Did I just call myself an idiot).
- I finally get our finances out of the red and my wife comes up with another way to spend it.
- The friends that I thought I made at church no longer call me after I stopped going to church.
- Panhandlers who are making more money than me.
- Paying for parking at the hospital that has already been paid for with my hard-earned tax dollars.
- Paying for parking - period!
- Government agencies that ask me to write a “detailed” letter about a problem I’m having, and spend the rest of the time dodging me.
- My wife seems to have a hearing problem so I have to keep repeating myself. After the third unsuccessful attempt I raise my voice and then she scolds me for shouting.
SIGH! I can’t win.
Did I miss anything? What are your pet peeves? Keep whining because in the end that’s all we’ve got.