Another Technorati Disappointment
My little experiment in technorati tags has turned into an exercise in frustration and a dismal failure thus far. After 24 hours of waiting, and waiting, and… waiting I’ve run out of patience. Here is my comment to Janice who is a customer support specialist for Technorati:
“Hi Janice. Sorry to be the purveyor of bad news but I have to give your post a thumbs down. I tried your method for tagging and after 24 hours nothing has showed up yet in any category list! That goes for all of my other blogs as well. Here is an example of my code:
Perhaps you can take a peek at my post and let me know if there is something that I did wrong. Until then I will continue to use my tagging method.”
Frankly, knowing how inconsistent technorati’s spidering is, it is possible there is nothing wrong with the code and it’s just another one of the many hicckups that happen along the way. But knowing how famously slow technorati’s support is I’m not holding my breath.
All the more reason why I will continue using my own version of technorati tags. It utilizes Google’s Blog Search for creating blog categories as well as technorati tags. At least it works all the time (knock on wood).
I guess I should have listened to my Dad’s advice. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.