5 Signs That You’re a Social Media Idiot
Thanks to technology we are living in a fool’s paradise where everything up is now down. The difference between imaginary and reality has become so convoluted it’s come down to our best guess.
Because we are always connected we no longer feel alone, yet psychiatrists tell us we’re more disconnected than ever before. Technology has so completely redefined our society that frankly, it is turning us all into technocitizen freaks.
So how do you know if this is happening to you? Just look for the following 5 warning signs and you tell me.
You know that you’re a social media idiot when…
- You become a Twitter superstar with a million plus followers and get a Hollywood contract just by dropping the ‘F’ bomb or saying sh** once a week. Who knows, William Shatner might even play the lead role.
- Someone has knocked you off Foursquare Mayordome and you are depressed for at least a month. But don’t worry, there’s still FarmVille.
- You spend more time socializing online and attending tweetups than you do with you’re real friends in the real world. So what if your twit ‘friends’ aren’t exactly what you expected. It’s what you perceive them to be that counts.
- You wake up in the morning and the first thing you do is check your Facebook wall and Twitter stream. Before you know it hours pass by and you haven’t even dressed yet or gone to the bathroom. Good thing the webcam crapped out. If your fans only knew.
- You can’t go anywhere without your smart phone. Every spare moment is spent secretly messaging .. like texting during intimate bathroom breaks, or fiddling under the table at meetings. Worse still, you’re completely oblivious to the people around you wondering what your busy hands are doing down there.
But we know better, don’t we. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.
Are you a social media idiot (too)?
P.s.: I’m sure this list will grow over time. Why not add your own two cents worth and let’s make it into a party!