My Observations 6 Months After Moving from Blogger to Wordpress
Wow! Has it really been six months since moving the old blog from Blogger over to Wordpress? Where does the time go!
So I was thinking that it might be a good time to reassess the big move. This was the list of observations that I came up with. Who knows, maybe you can come up with more:
1. I’ve pretty much retained my blog rank (after the Google shakeup) like I had predicted thanks to htaccess redirects, although some individual post pages still need updating. That’s of course due to losing backlinks but curiously Google hasn’t yet caught up to all of my post redirects like it did to my domain. So what I’ve been doing is republishing some of my more popular posts for indexing and see if that will help. Only time will tell.
2. Do I get more post comments than before? Not really. One of my reasons for moving to Wordpress was because of Blogger’s annoying comments feature. Although I have not noticed any significant increase in comments on this blog, some Blokester’s comments like Kathy Frederick’s blog have gone through the roof. Go figure.
3. I’m definitely being indexed better with Google than I ever was on Blogger, although I still have some catching up to the copycats for keywords such as ”blog tips”.
4. It has taken me all this time to tweak the template and fix all of the bugs. Like housework it never seems get done. Just when I think I’m finished I find another problem or something that I need to change.
5. Regrets? Absolutely none. The blog definitely looks more professional, is more SEO friendly, stable, easier to modify and maintain, and there are so many more advanced features available thanks to Wordpress plugins.