Link Generously; Blog Long and Prosper
Make Friends and Influence Bloggers
Quote of the day:
“Links are free, like hugs, and should be given and received generously. Links are NOT currency and those who continue to proclaim that links are worth protecting and hoarding are preventing the Internet from growing to its full potential.
1. Are you truly satisfied with the current simplistic link counting algorithms that measure websites?
2. Do you honestly believe a non-human eye can gauge your blog’s worth?
3. Don’t you feel we’re capable of producing something better than Technorati and Alexa?
4. Don’t we deserve better?”
To answer these questions I say a resounding, No, No, Yes, and YES! We most certainly do deserve better. Don’t you agree?
Case in point: After I transferred my old blogspot address over to my custom domain, Technorati has refused to transfer all of my old links (and rank) to my new domain. But if I was one of their preferred a-lister buddies you can be sure they would have acted promptly.
So does my current rank truly reflect my value within the blogosphere? I certainly hope not.
It’s so gratifying to see someone else giving the a-listers a good poke up the wazoo. Sometimes I feel like the proverbial lone voice crying out in the wilderness.
You can read more over at Elaine’s blog (who is also a valued member of the Bloke’s network). It’s an excellent read.
- The Blogosphere is Rigged
- Technorati is Irrelevant
- Reward Blog Commentators with your Link Love
- Power Blogging: RSS Secrets Revealed
- Should A-listers Link to the Rest of Us Mortals?
- Building Relationships: The Best way to Promote Your Blog
- Link Bait: Sounds More like Jail Bait to me
- Random Acts of Link-Loving