Famous Blokeisms (Blog Bloke Quotes) Part 1
Yes my friends I am that lovable bloke who shoots from the hip.
But seriously one thing that I like about Twitter is it forces us to condense our thoughts down to a few characters. That makes it a perfect medium for creating quotes.
Over the years I have created a quote or two (otherwise known as Blokeisms), and instead of letting it disappear into the twittersphere I thought it would be smart to list them here. That way I will get credit. (Ya know what I mean.)
So here they are listed below in all their glory. I hope you enjoy them. Just remember my tongue-in-cheek sense of humour. (I know, it doesn’t always translate well in the written word.)
- If you want engagement then be engaging.
- Let’s face it. When it comes to choosing between reality and blowing smoke .. the smokers win every time.
- The most successful people in life tend to be the ones who learn to manipulate the best. Unfortunately they can also be the most unethical.
- The need to feel constantly connected through technology is an emotional dependency and should be treated like any other disorder.
- When you are pretending to be an “expert” only a phony would outsource.
- Is it asking too much? We need politicians driven by ethics and common sense. Not by political agenda and feathering their nests.
- I’m making changes in my life. Stop wasting time with insincere people who take but give nothing back. Words without action mean nothing.
- First and foremost Google is an advertising company that caters to marketers. ‘Original‘ content? Who cares so long as it’s ‘content’.
- Being a good blogger is more than just being a good writer. It is also wearing many hats, including being a techy.
- Any of those who claim to be making money I always ask for proof. None so far have bothered.
- When you are trying to build authority in the SERPS don’t take shortcuts. Be ethical and think the Long Tail.
- I would say most exaggerate incomes from blogging. In fact most of the bloggers that I know make it from other sources.
- Another week of chasing a buck. Trying to be fab. Wooing followers and generally BSing our way through it all. Let the games begin!
- Working hard only goes so far. Another well known euphemism is it’s not always what you know .. it’s who you know. Colloquially speaking, it’s more familiarly known as brown-nosing.
- Without exception everyone with a large follower list has either leveraged off some affiliation with another person, business, association, or cheated (buying followers).
- Personal attacks just for the sake of hurting someone is being a #troll. Intelligent, erudite, tongue-in-cheek humour is acceptable. Valid, constructive criticism is not being a troll. “Valid” and “constructive” being the keywords.
There are plenty more where those come from. So please stay tuned for part 2.