Elite Retreat: How Much $$$ Really?
I was challenged by Jeremy Schoemaker (aka ShoeMoney) to get a “clue” about Elite Retreat that was recently held in San Francisco. (So what is it that seems to bring out the snark in some people whenever I post about this stuff?)
It brought to mind that movie called ‘Scent of a Woman’ where Al Pacino said his now famous line “I’m in the dark here”! I’m also reminded of another famous movie line:
“Show Me the Money”!
ShoeMoney, Show me the Money. Get it? Oh well…
The problem is it’s really hard to get a “clue” without having any verifiable information to work with. Accordingly, not one to back down from a challenge I put my legal hat back on and listed below 10 open questions to the Speakers and Organizers of Elite Retreat so that all of us will “have a clue”.
So boys and girls, as a fellow blogger I will very much appreciate answers for the following:
1. How many people in total attended Elite Retreat in San Francisco?
2. How many of the retreat attendees are actual bloggers, or went there to learn how to make money from blogging?
3. How much money did Elite Retreat make in total?
4. How much were the Speakers paid?
5. Were the Speakers’ expenses also paid by Elite Retreat?
6. Who paid for the freebie tickets that were handed out by some of the Speakers?
7. Besides Shoemoney, who were the other Organizers of Elite Retreat?
8. How much profit was actually made after expenses, and in who’s pocket(s) did the “profits” end up?
9. How many of the Speakers or Organizers have made (verifiable) $$$$$$ 6 figure incomes exclusively from just Blogging? Or as CyberCoder put it: not by e-commerce, no speaking tours, no books, no other ventures etc.
10. How many of their Students have made (verifiable) $$$$$$ 6 figure incomes either from blogging or by other online activity (but not combined) as a direct result of taking their courses or materials?
(The gauntlet has been thrown but kindly leave the snark at home… just the facts please, thanks – the management).
And that dear folks is what they call bottom line. This information should be made public by the Elite Retreaters especially since they solicited people from the Blogosphere.
These questions are not just for my benefit only. Once this information becomes available then we can all make our own unbiased opinions about Elite Retreat.
Maybe you have information that can help shed some more light about this? Or perhaps you have questions of your own that you would like answered? Then please by all means share with us so that we can all get a “clue”. If privacy is a concern you can always email me or use the anonymous submission form.
Related posts: Attend the Elite Retreat, and you Can’t Afford to Eat
What Next? Here's more from BLOGBloke: Tweet
What Next? Here's more from BLOGBloke: