5 Common SEO Mistakes (and 6 good ideas)
Watch this video for the five common SEO mistakes that people make according to Google Webmaster Help, along with 6 good SEO ideas for improvement.
The 5 common SEO mistakes made are:
1. No Value Proposition.
2. Segmented Approach.
3. Time Consuming Workarounds.
4. Following SEO Trends.
5. Slow Iteration.
The six good ideas for SEO improvement are:
- Do something cool.
- Include relevant keywords in your content.
- Be smart with your tags and site architecture.
- Sign up for email forwarding in Webmaster Tools.
- Attract buzz and natural links, votes, +1s, follows.
- Stay fresh and relevant (social media and accessibility on new devices).
I think it’s revealing Matt Cutts is no longer doing the video honors and the seo message that I’m hearing is loud and clear. Especially the part about not following seo trends and numbers 5 and 6 above.
What we used to know about SEO is quickly being replaced by social media influence. I hate to say I told you so, but …