Blogger Navbar Update: Quick Fix
Things have been moving a little faster than I can keep up with. Google has obviously been busy fixing the damage it created with it’s new “Navbar” and it is no longer practical for me to edit my previous post. Hence, the reason for this new post which I hope will explain things a little better.
I have still not received any replies from my (3) inquiries to Google regarding problems with the Blogger Navbar. Obviously they have been preoccupied with damage control and counting their IPO money.
Coincidentally (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) a Blogger help file has miraculously surfaced shedding more light onto the navbar problem. I originally posted a quick fix, but I found myself having to edit it after discovering Google’s approach (which is similar to mine) but a little more elegant (if you can call a hack/sledge-hammer approach elegant). You will find the fix below or in my previous postunder “Editor’s Note”.
So, if you have a banner on your website that was being covered by the Blogger Navbar this should fix it. Copy this code into your html:
More info can be found here.
I hope this is helpful. Cheers!
P.S.: There is one benefit to the the NavBar that I’ve noticed. Increased Traffic ! Obviously a lot of people are playing with their new toy. So for those of you who are new to Blog Bloke’s little corner of cyberspace. WELCOME! And while you’re here why not leave a comment or two. I don’t bite.