Blog Bloke Is Accepting Guest Bloggers
Do You Have The Right Stuff? Over the years I’ve been reluctant to allow guest blogger posts because I’m hands-on when it comes to the content on this blog. I get a lot of submissions for guest blog posts and generally I haven’t paid much attention to it. But I guess it had to happen sooner or later because that has now all changed.
As you are probably aware besides being known for kicking-butt (in a nice kinda way) this blog prides itself as being the gold standard for blogs. Unfortunately some of the guest submissions that I get aren’t quite up to snuff and go against what this blog stands for. I’m big on quality and originality, and unlike my competitors I don’t recycle other people’s content (or my own) just for the sake of pushing content every day.
Since starting this blog it has been all about helping others with their blog and how to make it better. That is still the mission. So if allowing guest bloggers to write here can help them (and my readers) along the way then I’m all for it.
You can read more about the benefits of becoming a contributor here.
Ok, lets get down to it shall we. Blog Bloke gets a lot of guest post inquiries but only some make the grade. So I developed a 6 point guideline to make it easier for guest bloggers who wish to contribute to Blog Bloke. After reading the list below please let me know if you believe you have the right stuff, and if you do congratulations and show me what you’ve got.
The 6 Guest Blog Post Prerequisites for Blog Bloke dot com are:
1. The guest blogger should strive to meet to the quality standards of Blog Bloke which prides itself as being the ethical standard for blogs. Blog Bloke isn’t like those other blogs and neither should it’s writers.
2. The guest blog post should be original, meaning it cannot be curated from other sources. Neither can it be published elsewhere on the web. All references from other sites must be properly quoted with links attributing to the original source.
3. The guest blog post should be a fit within the niche of Blog Bloke … i.e. on the topic of blogging, blog tips and social media. You are not obliged to have the same opinions as Blog Bloke and can speak freely.
4. The guest blog post should not be overtly self-serving. Blog Bloke is about benefiting the readers .. not just for the writer. You know what I mean.
5. The guest blog post should be impartial and not have affiliate links or links to the author’s sites and/or friends/partners within the article. A link at the end of the post to the author’s site is allowed.
6. Regular contributors to Blog Bloke may be granted contributor status with their own author page, to be determined on a case by case basis.
I know the list may seem daunting but then again Blog Bloke isn’t your average blog. The purpose of these rules is to retain the gold standard of Blog Bloke and to ensure that guest posts aren’t abused for scurrilous reasons. I have spent more than a decade blogging developing a good reputation so I have to be careful and I hope you understand.
Oftentimes I have to edit someone else’s work for reasons such as bad grammar, spelling, formatting errors or mediocre writing. This can be so time consuming for me that it can render the guest benefit moot. So if I have to edit the post to bring it up to standard then I reserve the right to at least credit myself as editor. It’s only right.
One more thing, you don’t have to already be a blogger to contribute, so this can be an opportunity for social media users to get their feet wet with blogging.
The way I see it is if you have the right stuff and become a contributing author to Blog Bloke you will be in good company and join the cream of the crop of blog writers.
The standards are high. Are you up to the challenge? Do have something of value you want to share with the Blog Bloke community?
Good, then I want to hear from you. Send me your submission via email and let’s get the ball rolling.
P.S.: Don’t be shy to submit your post. Send me a private email with your submission and it will be between just us. I won’t bite. Promise. Who knows, I might offer suggestions to make it even better. Or I could love it from the get go and say YES! So don’t let your inhibitions hold you back. I’m here to help.
One more thing. I’m not interested in one-off writers who are just looking to exploit me for a backlink. If that’s the case then you should continue looking elsewhere. Preference will be given to writers who are prepared to make a commitment and stick around.
Thanks and cheers.