7 Steps to Innovation
1. Identify an institutional need that intersects with your passion.
2. Get a clear vision of your goal (this step includes doing your homework on what others have done).
3. Enlist support from others and seek feedback (really two parts here).
4. Create value — at first this means working on your own time without compensation or recognition.
5. Document and share your success/progress.
6. Work to institutionalize your product/service/vision (be satisfied with baby steps; they add up).
7. Persist despite setbacks.
The steps come in the order above, but you also need to return to previous steps. It’s iterative. For example, at certain points you’ll need to refocus your vision; you’ll need to continue to create value, etc.
By doing these seven steps you have the best chance to succeed. If you fail to do any of these steps, you will fail. Guaranteed.
Filed under: Miscellaneous Blog TipsTweet