5 Areas that Twitter Still Needs to Improve On
As the Twitter service becomes increasingly popular, the more that I use it the more glaring it’s shortcomings are apparent. So I thought I would list a few of the frustrating errors and omissions that I’ve been noticing, and (hopefully) Twitter will consider adding them as features in the future.
1. Notify me when someone replies to my tweets. Unless I keep a Twitter tab open and refresh it often, or I install a third party bloatware app on my desktop there’s no way for me to know if someone has replied to my tweets. That’s annoying and it seems to me it would be easy for them make an option to notify me by email just like they do for direct messages.
2. A reference to the individual tweet that I’m replying to so the Twitter user knows which tweet I’m commenting on. It’s really annoying when you find an old reply to a tweet you missed (read #1 again) and so you reply back only to get another response that says “huh???“. They have no idea which tweet I was commenting on and neither can I remember. Now we’re all confused. Sigh!
3. A way to make twit groups. Don’t get me wrong because I like having lots of friends, but it would be nice to click a button and read only the twits related to my business interests. Then I could switch back to my best friends or to my fellow hobbyists or…
4. An option for filtering tweets. For the same reasons I said above, it would be nice to filter tweats for specific keywords related to what I’m interested in reading.
5. That the Twitter service will become more reliable. In light of all the recent outages I think most of us will agree on this one.
Have I missed anything? What’s on your Twitter wish list? Or do you hate Twitter and not even bother using it?